It is said that people either love or loathe feijoas but we’re sure the delicious ideas below can convert even the harshest critic!
- Scoop out the flesh of fresh feijoas and pile onto steaming hot porridge with thick Greek yoghurt or organic cream and toasted walnuts for a warming Autumn breakfast
- Lightly stew feijoas in a saucepan with a dash of honey, cinnamon and water and cook until soft. Place into an oven-proof dish and top with your favourite crumble topping before baking until golden brown. Serve with freshly whipped cream for dessert. You can also add stewed apples to the fruit mix – apples and feijoas go together beautifully.
- Add the flesh from a couple of feijoas to banana cake or loaf for a zingy Autumn flavour infusion. We love this Autumn Feijoa cake recipe and we hope you do too!
- Make a nourishing breakfast smoothie by blending together banana, feijoa, cinnamon, honey, milk and leafy greens such as spinach or kale.
- Simmer feijoas in a pot with apples, raisins, ginger and vinegar to make an Autumn chutney to pair with ham off the bone in a wholegrain sandwich. Perfect for cooler days.
- Slice fresh figs into quarters and place into a bowl with the flesh of fresh feijoas. Serve the Autumn fruit salad with toasted sliced almonds and mascarpone cream sweetened with pure maple syrup and pure vanilla extract. A simple yet elegant dessert.