Jam has been a favourite in many New Zealand homes for generations. However, now you can make your own homemade refined-sugar-free jam in no time at all with fibre-rich figs and omega-3-packed chia seeds. This jam is full of flavour while being amazingly good for you too. It is perfect dolloped over homemade scones with freshly whipped cream, added to a cheese platter or even spooned over Greek yoghurt and homemade muesli for a nutritious breakfast. Enjoy!
Raw Chia Fig Jam (Refined-sugar-free) - makes about 2.5 cups
- ~2 cups fresh figs, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbspns honey
- ¼ cup black chia seeds
- Place the figs, water and honey into a food processor and pulse until just blended together.
- Transfer the mixture to a sterilised glass jar and add the chia seeds making sure to mix well so that the chia seeds are evenly distributed throughout the fruit.
- Seal the jar and place in the fridge to set for at least one hour.
- The jam should last in the fridge for about two weeks.