Our good friends over at Cloudy Bay Clams sent us through this most delicious fig cake recipe by Chef Luca Ciano which was posted here. It is moist and delicious and super easy to make. Too good not to share!
We hope you enjoy it.
Late Season Fig Cake by Chef Luca Ciano
- 180g self raising flour (sifted) - we used a gluten-free blend and it worked perfectly too!
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 80g brown sugar
- 180g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3 whole eggs (room temp)
- 6-8 figs, dice & sliced
- little vanilla essence (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Mix butter & sugar till smooth, then add eggs one at the time, then fold in flour
- Add 1/3 of figs to the mix and place into a cake tin
- Lay figs on top any way you like. Sprinkle with a little sugar
- Bake for 40-45m at 180c (static)
- Remove from oven, then sprinkle more sugar on top and a little pieces of butter, let it melt.