~ Serves 1-2, Gluten-Free option
Figs, blue cheese and walnuts are a match made in heaven and what could be more warming than a delicious tart to enjoy over wine with friends and family. Serve with greens of your choice for a delightfully simple meal.
Fig, Blue Cheese & Walnut Tart – recipe an image courtesy of Marlborough local Helen Grant
- 1 x tortilla wrap (a gluten-free rice tortilla was used here or you can use a normal tortilla)
- 2 large Old Road Estate figs (Brown Turkey would be perfect!)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 70g full-fat sour cream
- Coarse iodised sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ~70g of blue cheese
1/4 cup walnut halves (or more if you wish!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180'C and line a cake tin with the tortilla wrap.
- Slice the figs and place them into the tortilla base. Beat the eggs with the sour cream, salt and pepper and pour over the figs in the tortilla lined tin.
- Place the blue cheese evenly between the figs and the same with the walnut halves.
- Bake for ~20 minutes or until the egg has set. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.