A simple and beautiful cake that will please young and old...Autumn on a plate.
Gluten and Dairy-Free
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbspn lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ~4-5 fresh figs, each figs sliced into rounds
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients, except figs, into a food processor and process until well combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place sliced fig rounds evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for around 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through (when a skewer comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and placing onto a plate.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, thick Greek yoghurt or for dairy-free a dollop of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt.