With Easter just around the corner and our fig season in full swing, we thought we'd create a simple yet wholesome and delicious treat to enjoy over Easter and beyond!
Chocolate Dipped Easter Figs
~Gluten-Free (*can be dairy-free if made with coconut oil)
- ~10-12 figs, sliced in half length ways as pictured
- 120g dark chocolate (we use Whittakers Dark Ghana), broken into squares
- 1 Tbspn coconut oil or butter
- Desiccated coconut (or try chopped nuts or seeds of your choice)
- Line a large tray with baking paper
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil or butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and gently melt together. Stir until smooth.
- Holding the stalk end of the fig, dip half the fig in chocolate and then place onto the baking-paper lined tray.
- Repeat with remaining figs.
- Scatter the coconut (or chopped nuts or seeds) over the chocolate end of the fig and then place tray in the fridge until set.
- Enjoy and happy Easter!