Autumn is the most delicious time of year to enjoy a beautiful platter with loved wines, especially with sweet juicy figs taking centre stage. Whether it be enjoyed in the drowning sunlight at the end of the day with a wine in hand or amongst the fresh afternoon air wrapped up beneath the trees.
Our favourite way to enjoy our family figs is sliced in half and then piled onto a large wooden platter and generously scattered with maple salted nuts served alongside delicious cheese (try goats cheese or a dreamy blue) and crusty bread.
We hope you enjoy!
Maple Salted Nuts
- 2 cups walnuts and/or almonds
- 2 Tbspn pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Iodised coarse sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and line a flat baking tray with baking paper
- To a medium-sized bowl add the nuts, maple syrup and salt
- Mix to combine and then pour the nut mixture onto the prepared tray
- Roast for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the nuts from the oven and leave to cool
- Once cool, break up the nuts and store in an airtight container
- Serve on a platter with freshly sliced figs, cheese and crusty bread